Forums » Suggestions

GK's functionality

• 2 posts
    April 27, 2016 2:06 AM CDT

Not sure this topic belongs here, as I don't really have a suggestion, but some questions:

I'm not sure I understand how the site works. So do we see everything from everyone who signs up? Is it like we're all subscribed to each others facebook feeds?

Wouldn't that get out of hand with a lot of people? Or maybe I'm way off.

Also, I tried to send a message but it wasn't working--do you have to be friends to send messages?

• 8 posts
    May 1, 2016 3:15 PM CDT

Hey stan!

Sorry I'm just now getting around to answering this, i'll do the best I can!

So social networks are built around the idea of 'networks'. That is, seeing people post things you have common interests or relationships with. So in Guild Keep, this means your feed is built up of your friends' activity, but also of the activity of other gamers that play the same games as you or on the same server.

What this means is that let's say you play WoW on X server. When someone on that server posts to their feed, since you are in the WoW network for that server, you also have the option to see it, if their privacy settings allow it. This means all 'server wide events' or even boss clears you can see from other players on the same server. This also allows you to find people to group up with much easier since you can just post a status saying 'looking for members' etc. Granted, with a low population on this site, right now networks are broad, so everyone in WoW sees what everyone else belonging to the WoW network posts, but in the future it will be dedicated to servers as well.

And as of now you do indeed have to be friends to send someone a message. You can however post on their wall without being friends.

Hope this answers any questions you may have!

Jordan

This post was edited by guildkeep at May 1, 2016 3:15 PM CDT
    • 2 posts
    May 20, 2016 11:48 AM CDT

Thanks! That answers all my questions, and is pretty cool too. I'm sure this site will pick up after the movie comes out and more after Legion drops!

• 8 posts
    May 21, 2016 10:46 PM CDT
    We can only hope!